Supporting the growth and success of entrepreneurs in the Greater Philadelphia region.
About the Center
The mission of the Philadelphia Center for Advancing Entrepreneurs is to enhance and expand educational leadership and research for emerging and established entrepreneurs.
The Philadelphia Center for Advancing Entrepreneurs is a 501c(3) educational organization originally founded in 2009 as the Greater Philadelphia Foundation for Women Entrepreneurs. It was founded by the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) and continues to serve as the chapter’s charitable arm today.
The Center offers programming that encourages integrity, excellence, civic engagement and creative collaboration through two powerful programs:
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) – helps middle and high school students take their entrepreneurial skills to a new level in a yearlong academic program that gives students a project-based, hands-on, experiential education. Learn more about YEA! Philadelphia.
- ATHENAPowerLink® NAWBO® Delaware Valley – offers women-owned businesses (2+ years in business) the opportunity to connect with—and receive advice and support from a panel of highly skilled, volunteer advisors, for the period of one year—at no cost. Business owners learn how to develop networks, access capital and implement best practices. Learn more about the ATHENAPowerLink® Program
Philadelphia Center for Advancing Entrepreneurs Board of Trustees
- President: Michele Schina, CPA, Founder and Partner, TMS II, LLC
- Immediate Past President: Karen Higgins, President/PR Consultant, A&E Communications, Inc.
- Secretary: Mckenzie Frankel, Principal, Entrust Financial LLC
- Treasurer: Sandra Clitter, Your Tech Tamer, LLC
- Marcie Baker, Development Consultant
- Tom Bove, Founder/CEO, BBD Solutions
- Nancy Davis, Partner, The Ivy Group
- Kathy Hickey, Senior Marketing Executive
- Kelly Robinson Jensen, COO, Xelerate, LLC
- Mary L. Payne, President, Payne & Associates
- Robyn Pollack, Founder & Principal, Trellis Consulting LLC
- Deborah Pulver, Vice President, Santander
- Phoebe Resnick, Owner, Resnick Communications, Inc.
- Candace Roberts, President, Quantum Think Corp.
- Fay Steiger, Regional Vice President of Sales, Clutch
The Philadelphia Center for Advancing Entrepreneurs is a 501c(3) non-profit educational organization that seeks to provide opportunities for capacity building and organizational development for emerging and established entrepreneurs. Gifts to the Center are fully tax deductible to the maximum extent allowed by law.
Donate by Mail: To make a tax deductible donation by check, please make the check payable to Philadelphia Center for Advancing Entrepreneurs and mail to:
Philadelphia Center for Advancing Entrepreneurs
1231 Highland Avenue
Fort Washington, PA 19034